Kidlit enthusiast. Poet. Baker. Mama.
Marzieh is a baker turned award-winning author. She loves adding magic to her creations– whether that’s a seven-layered rainbow cake or the books she writes for children all over the world. Her work is inspired by her Pakistani culture and Muslim heritage.
Marzieh is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, Julie Hedlund’s 12×12 Picture Book Challenge, and a graduate of the Lyrical Language Lab and Children’s Book Academy.
She is the author of the popular chapter book series: NADIA & NADIR. Her debut picture book in the traditional American Market, titled A Dupatta Is… released from Macmillan Publishers, U.S.A. in 2023. She occasionally writes under the name: Marzieh A. Ali.
Her upcoming books include:
- HENNA IS… (Feiwel & Friends, 2024)
- AWE-SAMOSAS! (Clarion, 2024)
- A RAMADAN TO REMEMBER (Soaring Kite Books, 2024)
- YASMEEN LARI, GREEN ARCHITECT (Clarion, 2024)
- PICKLING TIME (Albert Whitman, 2025)
- THE BOOKS ON MY BACK (Feiwel & Friends, 2025)
Marzieh enjoys learning new skills, jumping rope, sipping chai, and observing nature. Marzieh dreams of owning a talking parrot someday. But until then, she lives in Pakistan with her husband and children who inspire her daily.
Fun Facts about Marzieh
- Favorite colors: Yellow & blue
- Favorite thing to do: Inspire others
- Favorite time of day: Early morning
- Always fails at: Keeping plants alive
- Favorite thing to drink: Chai
- Favorite snack: Samosas
- Still in search of: the perfect chocolate-chip cookie recipe
- Always dreaming of: Traveling
- Weird quirk: she named her feet when she was six and hasn’t stopped calling them by their names since. (And no, she cannot tell you their names).